Thursday, October 4, 2012

Feedback for LBP Group

Well, I keep trying and trying but for some reason I can only watch your video up to 0:57, so unfortunately I don't feel like I can give much valid feedback, but I'll do my best. I think it's fascinating that you want to combine video games with educating people in how to actually use and create the game itself. I think doing so will make video games a lot more purposeful, allowing people to actually contribute instead of just consume.
At the beginning when you used the word "edutainment" I thought the project was about using video games for educational purposes (i.e. to help kids learn school-related things) but as the video continued I began to realize that it was more about educating how to use the game itself. I don't know if you say this later in your video or not, but one thing that might be beneficial is to specify your target audience, particularly your targeted age group. And what do you think about also using the program more for educational purposes and teaching various school subjects? Is that possible with this program? Here's a website that I found that you might be able to use to bounce of for some social proof: http://www.etceteraedutainment.com/. Also, why is it important for people to know how to use this game?I'm sorry it's not much, but hopefully that helps to some degree. Keep up the good work, I'm excited to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment