Friday, October 19, 2012

Don't kill the messenger...

So yesterday in my interview with Dr. Burton, he was commenting on how our group seems to lack motivation, excitement, and/or passion behind our project. Perhaps it's just me, but I think I have to agree. (Or is it just me? What do you guys think?)

He posed the question to me, "If you could start over from the beginning and you were in charge of picking the project, what would you do?" I thought this was an interesting question, and would like to pose the same question to all of you group members. What would you do?

He suggested that perhaps we should start over and could perhaps even break up into different groups. Now, I know this might sound extremely painful to have to start over completely, but don't kill the messenger, I'm just relaying what he said to me. And it's not necessarily saying it will happen. But just think hypothetically, and ask yourself what would be something you really want to do if you could do it from the beginning?

What if we all just post on our blogs individually and hypothetically what we each would do if we could do a project that we were really excited about and actually want to do. That way we can see what really truly interests all of us, and see if we want to take a different route.

I have my own idea, but don't want to impose it on anyone, so I'll wait to post until later. So let's just all see what each of our personal interests really are, even if it's not something we're going to end up doing. Just so we can get a better idea of what would motivate each of us.

It just seems like we need something that we all care a little bit more about to help get everyone more motivated and excited about the project. Perhaps I'm just speaking for myself, but right now it kind of feels like we're lacking in that area and aren't making much progress because of it.

If you're all just completely in love with our current project, that's fine too, and we can keep going on it if we all want. Like I said, don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment