Friday, October 26, 2012

Digital Missionaries

One of Dr. Burton's lectures that I have personally found most fascinating was the one on technology and the Church, particularly in regards to sharing the gospel via digital culture. As a personal little side project, I've decided that I want to start researching that more and find out how digital culture furthers the spreading of the gospel. I personally have some of my own experiences that I'd like to share in future blog posts. But first, I wanted to hear from others about how they use digital media to share the gospel. Here's the response that I got:

I'd like to hear actual specific stories on any results that may have come of this so I'm going to inquire further. But until then, I want to reference the first post here: http://inhisownlanguage.com/.  This is something I have recently discovered, even prior to this post. In His Own Language is a series of gospel webisodes developed by some members to strive to fulfill the promise in D&C 90:11 that "in that day, every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue." The site currently holds webisodes in Danish, Italian, Romanian, Swedish, English, with French, Dutch, Hebrew, Armenian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Norwegian, and German soon to come. This is just one example of LDS members being proactive and finding their own new ways to use new media to share the gospel.

Here's a sample of the first English episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLIzJWUAtR8&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment